CheckerBoard and Cake would not exist in this form without the support of many people. I have put
together a list which is by no means complete.
-- Nov 27, 2005
- My friendly rivalry with Ed Gilbert (author of KingsRow) helps me to improve Cake constantly. Ed also contributed
code to the improved PDN parser in CheckerBoard 1.64.
- George Miller kindly sent me some books on checkers, which helped me improve the evaluation function of Cake.
- Richard Pask wrote a short checkers tutorial which I have included with the CheckerBoard distribution.
- Thomas Lincke provided the first opening book for Cake, and I am using his ideas to build the current opening book.
- Adrian Millet produced the original version of the game database supplied with CheckerBoard.
- Andreas Umbach gave me some tips on windows programming.
- Fabian Mäser and Bernhard Seybold answered lots of my stupid questions about game programming, back when
I had no clue.
- Ron Carney produced a bunch of alternate graphics for CheckerBoard, much nicer than I could ever have.
- Angel Galan Galan provided the Spanish translation for CheckerBoard 1.64.
- I use the free programs Inno Setup for the installation wizard and
Arachnophilia for webpage editing. I failed to find a nice CSS editor
though so I wrote my own!
- The W3C HTML checker helps me to write error-free HTML.
- I use Micro$oft's Visual Studio .NET to write Cake and CheckerBoard.
- Finally, feedback from many users keeps me motivated to work on these programs!